A very good morning to our fellow readers. Sportsentblog presents your Woman Crush Wednesday. Pick your choice. We have both European and South African soccer stars.
1. Lara Joy Dickenmann is a Swiss footballer who plays for German club VfL Wolfsburg, after seven season stint with French club Olympique Lyonnais of the Division 1 Féminine. She has been a star performer for her current team UEFA Women Champions League as she helped them reach the Final which will be played on May 26, 2016.
2. Banyana Banyana midfielder Amanda Dlamini has missed the two camps in the new year due to family commitments. However she feels she will be ready for Rio Olympics. She has been given a training programme that she is following so she can be active and is not left behind too much. The country needs you!
3. Banyana Banyana defender and captain Janine van Wyk is looking forward to many more years in the national after she became the highest capped player of all time in South Africa – male or female – when she surpassed the mark set by former fellow teammate, striker Portia Modise.
Modise retired from football in May last year after she made 124 appearances for the South African Senior Women’s National Team.
4. Lyon’s Camille Abily became the first player to win 50 UEFA women’s club games. She also helped her club reach the UEFA Women’s Champions League Final this year.
5. Following her splendid year, culminating in a hat trick in the Final of the FIFA Women’s World Cup Canada 2015, Carli Lloyd of USA Women’s soccer team was crowned as the FIFA Women’s World Player of the Year in January 2016
For more comments please follow us on our Facebook page: Sports Entertainment Stringers Magazine